OnePlus has started rolling out the OxygenOS 22 and OxygenOS 20 Open Beta update for OnePlus 5 and 5T respectively. The new beta update brings the much awaited Android 9 pie operating system to the table. The changelog of the new update offers a lot and here's how to download and install the update on your OnePlus 5/5T.
The major thing that new Open Beta updates bring is Android 9 Pie. Apart from the operating system upgrade, it brings the latest November 2018 security patch. Further, the support for parallel apps has been increased adding apps like Telegram, Discord, IMO, Uber and OLA.
Now, there is a new Do Not Disturb mode with adjustable settings and optimized UI for speed dial and calling interface. The weather app has also got a few updates including more suggestions in the search menu.
How to download?
If you are already on a Beta version of OxygenOS, this will be just like any other update for you where you can head over to Settings > System > System Update and check for any available updates. However, if you are using the official build, you can follow these steps to update your smartphone.
- Go to the official website of OnePlus and head over to the Support tab
- Now click on Software Upgrade and select your OnePlus device
- Head over to the Beta tab and hit Download
- Transfer the downloaded file to your OnePlus 5/5T
- Now, on your phone head over to Settings > System > System Update and tap on the settings icon on the top right corner
- Select Local Upgrade and look for the file you just downloaded
Once you hit install, your phone will restart with Android 9 Pie based OxygenOS Open Beta.