Xiaomi recently hosted an event in Shanghai, China where they unveiled the much awaited MIUI 10 alongside the Mi 8 series. The MIUI 10 brings a whole new UI to the table alongside a bunch of new features, optimisations and modifications. The MIUI 10 is now available for a few Xiaomi devices as a part of Beta program.
Xiaomi has rolled out the Chinese MIUI 10 Beta ROMs for the eligible Xiaomi devices. If you are not ready to wait for a few months until the company releases a stale version, here's a guide on how to get the Beta version. However, we would highly recommend you not to try this on a primary/daily driver as it is highly unstable. And if you are willing to make the sacrifice, then make sure you take a complete backup of your smartphone.
Currently, the Beta ROM is available only for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Mi 5, Mi 6 and the Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Download the necessary files
First of all, you need a custom recovery. In this case, we will opt-in for the TWRP Recovery which can be found in the links given below
You also need to download the MIUI 10 Beta ROM for your smartphone from the links given below
How to Instal MIUI 10 Beta
- Power off your smartphone by holding down the power button. Now, hold the Power Button+Volume Down key until you see anything on the screen. Now your device is in Fastboot mode.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer using the USB cable provided.
- Fire up Command Prompt by going to Start>Command Prompt.
- Type in the command: fastboot flash recovery C:/TWRP Mix 2.img
(Here you have to change the location or make sure your file is in the C drive and the name is replaced accordingly.)
- Just like the above command, your next command will be: fastboot boot C:/TWRP Mix 2.img
- Now on your smartphone, the TWRP recovery will show up. Here you have to go to Wipe>Format Data and select Yes. Once the process is completed, head over to Reboot>Recovery.
- Once rebooted, head over to Wipe>Advanced Wipe and then select Dalvik / ART Cache, Cache and System partitions. Now swipe to confirm the wipe.
- Now connect your smartphone to the computer and transfer the ROM.
- Tap on Install and then select the ROM. Swipe to confirm flash and then tap on Wipe Cache/Dalvik.
- Once done, tap on Reboot and you will be greeted with the all-new MIUI 10.