LG G4 leaked Images and Specs
10 things that you need to know about the next LG G4 the flagship phone coming on April 28
After Apple, Samsung and HTC, it’s now LG’s turn to unwrap its next flagship smartphone for the year 2015. The South Korean giant has scheduled events for April 28 in six cities – New York, London, Paris, Istanbul, Singapore and Seoul – where it will unveil its new flagship phone the LG G4. While the company has not yet divulged details about the phone, the Internet is already abuzz with almost everything that the upcoming phone could come with.
Here is what we know so far about the G4 – the successor to the G3:
- The media invite sent by LG for its event reveals that the G4 will carry forward the design language of its predecessors. It will also have the volume and power buttons placed underneath the camera lens on the back.
- If rumours are to be believed, the new G4 will come with a 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor (the one that also powers the G Flex 2) paired with 3GB of RAM.
- Going by the company’s product page that appeared on its Korean site early this month and was quickly pulled off afterward, the phone may have a 3,000 mAh removable battery and 16 or 32GB of internal storage (expandable up to 2TB,. Yes, 2 terabytes, like its predecessor the G3).
- The yet-to-be-announced LG G4 features a 5.5 quad-HD (2560×1440) LCD display. According to LG, the display will have a contrast ratio that is 50 per cent higher than conventional QHD LCD panels, while the brightness has increased by 30 per cent without any increase in power consumption. Also, instead of placing the touch panel on top of the LCD, LG has embedded the touch sensor within the LCD. This results in a slimmer design and improved touch response as the thickness of the panel is reduced by eliminating the need for an additional space for touch functions.
- Speculations are rife that the phone will come with a 16-megapixel wide-angle camera with laser focus and a f/1.8 aperture, hinting at its performance in low-light conditions. This is in contrast to 13-megapixel camera spotted on the leaked product page (which was probably dummy placeholder specs).
- As confirmed by LG on its Facebook page this month, the new G4 will have a vegetable-tanned leather cover. Rumours suggest that the leather cover will have six colour variants – black, brown, red, light blue, sand, and yellow. The company is also expected to launch the phone with a plastic back.
- If the leak from the official LG microsite is to be believed, the dimensions of the phone will be 75.3 x 149.1 x 8.9 mm.
- LG’s recently announced custom mobile software – UX 4.0 interface – is likely to debut on the G4. The custom UI is expected to be based on Android 5.0 Lollipop.
- The LG G4 is expected to go on sale on May 31 in Korea and later in other markets.
- LG Electronics will select 4,000 consumers in 15 countries, including India, who will test drive the all new LG G4 smartphone weeks before its official launch. Participants will be selected from applicants based on their entry responses (selection criteria may vary in each market). Once selected, participants in each country will be given an LG G4 for up to 30 days to experience its unique design and features.