Xiaomi recently had introduced the MIUI 9 skin which works upon Google’s Android 7.0 Nougat operating system. Today, the company announced via its MIUI forum that it has started the global beta rollout of the ROM. Xiaomi also stated that they will roll out the update in stages. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, Redmi Note 4X and the Mi 6 will be the first devices to get the update.
You will also be able to download these updates from Xiaomi’s official MIUI website. The company today also declared which devices will receive the update in the next update. Below is the list of devices that will get updated in the second stage.
- Mi MIX
- Mi Note 2
- Mi 5
- Mi 5s
- Mi 5s Plus
- Mi Max 2
- Mi Max
However, it is not known that when will Xiaomi roll out the update to these devices. MIUI 9 will bring faster app launching speeds, a split screen mode which is the functionality of Android 7.0 Nougat, and much more. However, some features have been left out from the global variant, like the smart assistant.
ChangeLog for MIUI 9:
- Deep-level system optimizations (08-07)
- New icons (08-07)
- New animations for launching and exiting apps (08-07)
- Simpler Home screen editing (08-07)
- Introducing Split screen (08-07)
- Improved Silent mode triggered by the volume button (08-07)
- Improved readability for the start page of Messaging (08-07)
- Search for apps in the dual app’s settings (08-03)