OnePlus 6 and the Huawei P20 Pro are two recently launched flagships. The smartphones have gained immense popularity since their launch. As the devices are now popular and have a number of users around the world, TWRP has decided to develop a recovery which is now officially available.
For those who are unaware, TWRP is a recovery for Android devices which is usually prefered over other recoveries as it offers a lot of features and has an easy to use and user-friendly interface. The recovery allows users to root their Android smartphones and install custom ROMS in them. With the official support from TWRP, the OnePlus 6 and Huawei P20 Pro users can now easily install the TWRP custom recovery on their smartphone.
The installation process on the OnePlus 6 is a bit different as the smartphone is a part of Google’s Project Treble which creates two partitions, A and B and lacks a dedicated recovery partition.
How to install the TWRP recovery
- Install your smartphone’s drivers on your PC and set up ADB
- Download the files for your smartphone from the links given below
Huawei P20 Pro
- Now Power Off your smartphone and boot into the bootloader by holding down the Power and Volume Button until you see something on the screen.
- Connect your smartphone to the PC using the cable provided with the handset
- Open Command Prompt on your PC
- In case you are installing the TWRP on the OnePlus 6, type fastboot boot twrp-3.2.1-0-enchilada.img
- Once you enter into the recovery, install the twrp-installer-enchilada-3.2.1-0.zip
Now finally you have the TWRP Custom Recovery on your smartphone. You can use this custom recovery to root your device or even install custom ROMs.