Asus has finally announced the Android 9 Pie update under a new open beta program for the ever so popular ZenFone Max Pro M2. The mid-range smartphone owners can simply head over to the beta testing page and sign up for it in order to try and test the latest version of Android right away.
How to install Android 9 Pie beta
- Head over to Asus’s Beta testing page.
- Go through the instructions, check the box next to agree and tap on Enroll.
- Again read the next set of instructions carefully and tap on proceed
- Now fill in the form with all the details like your personal details and your phone’s serial number.
- Once you have submitted the form, you will receive an email from Asus. The mail will carry beta firmware link and an SOP document, which Asus recommends you to read carefully.
We highly recommend not installing the software on your primary device as it is currently in a beta stage, which means there might be a lot of bugs and issues. However, if you are testing out the software and do run into any bugs, you can always report them to Asus and they will be solved in future updates.
Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2
Asus ZenFone Max Pro M2 features 6.26-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080×2280 pixels. It is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 SoC coupled with the Adreno 512 GPU. It comes with up to 6GB of RAM and 64GB of onboard storage, which is further expandable using a microSD card. All of this is backed by a 5,000mAh battery.