Mario is one of the most popular games of all time. Yesterday it was March 10, which when written in short as MAR10 looks like Mario. This little gesture makes the date March 10 officially the Mario Day. Google has celebrated the Mario Day by temporarily swapping the blue arrow in Google Maps with an image of Mario in a racing kart.
How to use?
In order to take Mario out for a ride with you while the Google Maps navigates, you need to follow a few steps.
- Head over to the Google Play Store and make sure that the Google Maps application is updated to the latest version available.
- Fire up the Google Maps application
- Search for the location where you are headed to and tap on Directions
- Now tap the little yellow question block found on the left of the Start option
- Hit the “Lets’s Go” option in the little dialogue box
- Voila! Now the cute little Mario Kart will navigate you all the way
As mentioned above, the new Mario Kart is here only to celebrate the Mario Day. The Mario Kart can be accessed only for a week on the Google Maps.
To make things interesting, Google encourages you to take a screenshot of the app when you have an exciting route ahead. You can share the screenshot via Twitter and Instagram with @GoogleMaps using the hashtag #MarioMaps.
With the new Mario Kart, Google also encourages you to use its Maps application more often. The company also encourages you to plan a road trip so you can enjoy every turn on the way with the beloved Mario.