Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has introduced a new app on Google's Play Store and Apple's App Store. Do Not Disturb (DND 2.0) app allows users to have full control over their telecom service provider's DND service. This will help TRAI and telecom operators to know more about spammers and will block them from any calls in the future. Here's how you can install and use the app on your Android device.
How to use DND app on Android
- Open up Google Play Store and search for DND
- Download and Install the app, which is uploaded by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India
- Open the app and give it the permissions it needs
- Enter your phone number and name
- Hit Sign-in
- Here you can tap on "Report Voice UCC" or "Report SMS UCC" in order to report the spammers in respective categories
The app will require you to fill in a few details in order to know more about the people you are reporting as spam. However, in order to register a complaint, TRAI requires you to register DND service with your carrier. You can do so by sending an SMS saying START to 1909. Once the service is activated from your carrier's side, you will have the control to block the spammers that are disturbing even after DND is activated.
Do note that the app is also available for iOS users via the Apple App store. It also has a similar procedure.