Due to the ongoing COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, most of the countries including India have implemented a complete lockdown. And during this time, if people want to stay connected to each other they only have the digital options of staying connected, as all of the physical options are not viable as of now.
Ways of staying connected to your close ones include calling, social media, sending instant messages and video calling to name a few. Video calling is a method, with which you can converse with each other while at the same time feeling a bit of physical connection with the help of the ability to see each other.
One of the most popular video conferencing app, Zoom just came under a lot of scrutiny for security issues. Many organisations have banned its use and many governments are advising users not to use the app.
This has propelled people to looking at other video calling apps like Google Meet, Skype, House Party and more. However, one app they are missing on is WhatsApp. Most Indians already have the app installed on their phones, which will help people not require to check if the other person has the app or not, they can simply pick up their phone and make a call.
To make a video call using WhatsApp is easy just open the contact and press on the video call button to initiate the call. As shown in the embedded video below:
Making group calls feels like a bit of a task but is not that difficult when you get to learn it once. Below, we will be teaching you three methods via which you can make WhatsApp video calls.
WhatsApp Group video call from a single video call
- Open WhatsApp and then open the chat of the person you want to video call with.
- Now, tap on the video all button located on the top right corner.
- When the person accepts, you can press the 'Add participants' button and select the contact you want to add to the call.
- After they accept the call, they will show up making it a group video call.
- To add more participants repeat the process from step 3.
From a Group
- Inside of WhatsApp, open the group which has all the participants you want to video call.
- Tap on the call button that is located on the top right corner of your screen.
- Now select the participants you want to add to the video call from the Group.
- After selecting, press the video call button to make the video call.
Using the calls tab
- After you open WhatsApp, head into the 'Calls' tab, located on the extreme right screen. It can be accessed by pressing the calls tab or by swiping from the right to left till the end.
- Inside of the calls tab, press the new call button and select the new group call option.
- Search and select all of the participants you want to add to the video call.
- After selecting them, tap on the video call button to initiate the call.