Hike tries to become the next Tinder with their new microapp
Hike, a messaging application made in India, has launched a new Microapp to celebrate friendship day and Rakhi with blue packets. Hike Messenger launched Bae Buddy Bro where Buddies are friends who are always there for you, Bros are friends who’re almost family and Bae is the one who you love Before Anyone Else, which is a fun social experience. Using the new Microapp you can tag your friends as Bae or Buddy or Bro and they will do the same for you. The buzz here is to see what your friends think of you and if it’s a match. The experience will last only until 13 August 2017.
On the launch of this quirky social experience, the Hike spokesperson said, “Hike is a very special place for the youth. Deeply embedded in the Indian culture, it brings festivals and traditions in a fun way to the youth. With Bae Buddy Bro you can celebrate your relationships in a unique manner through our special filters, stickers and Blue Packets”.
Here is how to get started on Hike’s Bae Buddy Bro and send Blue Packets:
- Open Hike and go to the Me Tab
- Under Services, go to Bae Buddy Bro
- Select your profile picture and your gender
- You can now view your contacts – your friends as well as your friends’ friends
- Tap on the Bae, Buddy or Bro icons to express how you feel
- As you tap and choose, so will your friends. See how many think of you as a Bro, Buddy or Bae.
- If you both choose the same category, it’s a match
- Select your match and send them the specially designed Blue Packets
But there’s a catch – you can only unlock the names if it is a match. These names will be revealed on the day of the celebration – Buddies on Friendship Day (August 6), Bros on Rakshabandhan (August 7) and Bae’s on August 8.
And if it is a match, you can send Blue Packets, beautifully designed envelopes with money, to your matches. To get you started, Hike is giving away free Blue Packets with surprise amounts that can be sent to your matches.
The new Blue Packets for these special days are – Happy Friendship Day, Happy Rakhi, You are an Awesome Sister and I love you.