Google recently rolled out the public version of the Android 10 update for the Google Pixel devices. Apart from the Pixel devices, only the Essential Phone has received a stable update. While most other OEMs will take their own sweet time to roll out the update, OnePlus has already rolled out the Open Beta version for its latest OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro smartphones. Here's how you can download and install it right now.
Before we begin with the processes, we would recommend you to take a complete backup of your smartphone. Make sure that your phone has at least 3GB of free space available for the update to install. Also, since this is a beta version, there might be app compatibility issues and minor bugs here and there. Once we have that out of the way, we can begin with the easy process of upgrading.
How to install Android 10 on OnePlus 7/7 Pro
- First, download the .zip file for your OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro from the following links
OnePlus 7 Pro
- Once the file is download, copy it to the root of your phone's internal storage.
- Now, on your OnePlus smartphone, head over to Settings > System > System Updates and click on the gear icon on the top right corner.
- Here, tap on Local Upgrade and then click on the file that you recently copied.
- Hit Install Now to begin the update process.
- Once the update is installed, you will receive a notification requesting for a reboot.
- Once you reboot your phone, you will be welcomed by Android 10.
In case you are not satisfied with the update or just want the beloved Android Pie back, you can simply download the Android Pie zip file for OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro. Once downloaded, just follow the above procedure to roll back. However, in this case, you will lose all your data so make sure you take a complete backup of your phone.