Reliance owned Jio recently announced their GigaFiber service. The registrations will start from August 15. All the interested users can head to MyJio app and the company’s official website on the occasion of Independence Day to register for the new broadband services by the company. Reliance at its 41st AGM announced the launch of Jio GigaFiber broadband services. The Jio Gigafiber has been in the testing phase for over two years now.
While the company has released no official word on the Jio GigaFiber plans and prices, the beta testing reports suggest the GigaFiber is able to reach download speeds up to 700Mbps. One company even reported them achieving speeds up to 1Gbps on Jio Gigafiber network. Although, these are speeds on the beta network, so these can change in the future.
How to register for the Jio GigaFiber on MyJio, Jio.com
- Head to the MyJio App or the company’s official website Jio.com
- Click on the Jio GigaFiber registrations options
- Enter your details such as contact number, address, email account etc.
- Now apply for a new Jio GigaFiber connection by entering all the needed details for registration.
- Since the Jio GigaFiber registrations are free, you won’t be charged anything upfront while an installation team will reach your home on a specified date which will be mentioned in the confirmation message or mail.
- The installation team will bring the Jio GigaRouter with them to install the new Jio GigaFiber connection.
Like the beta testing users, we can see that the users will have to pay a one-time fee of Rs 4,500 upfront. Although the company has claimed that the service will be free for new users for the first three months, however, there can security deposit of say Rs 4,500.
We don’t know that all this is true or not until the company releases its official plans sometime after 15th August, we believe.