At the recent Samsung Developer's Conference, the South Korean giant revealed their new upcoming UI for the flagship smartphones. The One UI Beta is now available for Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+. Here's how to download and install the new UI on your Samsung smartphone.
Do note that the whole process will erase any data on your smartphone. So, do make a backup of any important data. Also, we are not responsible for any damage made to your phone during the process.
Download the files
For Odin files, the users will have to visit Sammobile.com and follow the steps in order to get the files. Make sure you download the BRJ6 version of the files.
How to install One UI
- Once the files have been downloaded, put your Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+ in Odin mode by turning it off and then holding Power+Volume Down+Bixby keys.
- Connect your phone to your PC using a USB Type-C cable
- Open Odin on your PC and add corresponding files to BL, AP, CP, and HOME_CSC. Make sure the Userdata is left empty.
- Click on Start
- Once your phone reboots, turn it off
- Enter the recovery mode by holding Power + Volume Up + Bixby buttons
- Using the volume buttons head over to "Apply update from adb" and then press the power button
- On your PC, open the command prompt and type adb sideload (location of update.zip)
- Hit enter
Once the phone reboots, you will be welcomed by the new OneUI interface. Do note that as this is a beta update, there might be a few bugs here and there.