10 Items Needed To Set up a Home Office
10 Items Needed To Set-up a Home Office
There are essential items needed in every office, here we list the 10 most essential. When starting your own business, most people start working from home. If you’re thinking of starting your own company, read the following.
- Computer/Laptop – A laptop or PC is the most fundamental item for any office. Therefore, make this your first task when setting up your home office. All companies now rely on the use of a computer.
- Broadband – You will need to communicate with suppliers and therefore having access to broadband in your home is vital, as e-mail has been then number one communication method for businesses.
- Telephone – Cut business expenses dramatically by taking out a contract with a business telecoms supplier. It is expensive to call landlines from mobiles, so if you make a lot of calls it may be worth investing in a business telephone system.
- Storage – Have a lockable storage system. This is to make sure all your important files are out of the reach of pets or small children. No one wants to have to say the dog ate their homework.
- Wall Planner – You can be organised and determined whilst working from home by having a wall planner. It’s easy to overlook things when you’re setting up your own business. However, you can’t afford to forget things, especially when you’re just starting out.
- Furniture – Every office needs a top quality chair and desk. Your personnel need to relax for supreme productivity.
- Printer/Photocopier – If you do a lot of paper work, it is a good idea to invest in a top quality printer that won’t break on you. When purchasing a new printer, try to get one that allows you to photocopy and scan on it too.
- Stationery – Every office needs a supply of pens. However, other resources include paper for your printer. Your stationery requirements will depend on your business and commercial needs.
- Energy Efficiency – Save money in the long run by recycling and using energy efficient products where possible.
- Personal Comfort – Increase your efficiency levels by decorating your office with personal office. This will make you feel relaxed and work better.
This article was written by Brian Madden; Online Marketing Assistant at Strata Communications, a UK based commercial telecoms contractor.