Airtel was the first company to launch Wi-Fi calling service in India back in December. Now, the company has confirmed that its Wi-Fi calling feature now works with every broadband service provider available in India. Earlier, the company's Wi-Fi calling service was only available for its own Airtel Xtreme broadband service.
Apart from this, the company has also announced that its Wi-Fi calling service is now compatible with 100 smartphones from 16 brands. Earlier, the service was only compatible with up to 30 smartphones.
How to use Airtel Wi-Fi calling
- Head over to Airtel's website to check device compatibility.
- If your smartphone is listed on the website, you are eligible to use the service.
- If you have an eligible smartphone, update it to the latest software to get the functionality.
- After your phone is updated to the latest software, you need to head to the device Settings and turn on the Wi-Fi calling feature.
- Do not switch off VoLTE, for a seamless experience.
List of all smartphones compatible with Airtel Wi-Fi calling
Xiaomi: Redmi K20, Redmi K20 Pro, POCO F1, Redmi 7A, Redmi 7, Redmi Note 7 Pro and Redmi Y3
Apple iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xr, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max
Vivo: V15 Pro and Y17
Tecno: Phantom 9, Spark Go Plus, Spark Go, Spark Air, Spark 4 (KC2), Spark 4-KC2J, Camon Ace 2, Camon Ace 2X, Camon12 Air and Spark Power
Spice: F311 and M5353
Infinix: Hot 8, S5 Lite, S5, Note 4, Smart 2, Note 5, S4, Smart 3 and Hot 7
Mobiistar: C1, C1 Lite, C1 Shine, C2, E1 Selfie and X1 Notch
Coolpad: Cool 3, Cool 5, Note 5, Mega 5C and Note 5 Lite
Gionee: F205 Pro and F103 Pro
Micromax: Infinity N12, Infinity N11 and B5
Panasonic: P100, Eluguray 700, P95 and P85 NXT