While Flipkart recently announced their Big Shopping Days, Google has come forward and partnered up with the e-commerce giant. The partnership will allow Google Nexus and Pixel owners to go through a new referral program, where both referrer and the referee can get some kind of discount. Here’s how it all works
A Google Pixel or Nexus user has to go ahead and refer a Google Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL to a family member or a friend. This way the referrer will get an e-Gift voucher from Flipkart, which can be used to purchase anything from the e-commerce website. The referee, on the other hand, will get an instant discount of Rs. 7,000 on the purchase of any Pixel 3 variant.
Google and Flipkart’s new referral program works on the basis of codes. These codes can be generated starting today till December 20. However, the codes can be redeemed until December 24.
How to generate the code
- On your Pixel or Nexus device, download and install Flipkart app from the Google Play Store
- In the app, look for a banner that is announcing the special referral program. Click on that banner.
- Once you are redirected to a new page, enter your e-mail address to participate in the program
- You will receive an email from Flipkart within 48hrs with a unique link
- Opening up the link will bring you to Flipkart, where you will be able to see your invite code
Now you can use this spread this invite code among your family members and friends, who are looking to buy a new Pixel 3 or Pixel 3 XL. If the purchase the smartphone from Flipkart using your invitation code, they will be eligible to get an instant discount of Rs. 7,000.
As for the pricing, Google Pixel 3 (64GB) is currently available for a price of 71,000. The 128GB variant retails for Rs. 80,000. Pixel 3 XL 64GB and 128GB are available for Rs. 83,000 and Rs. 92,000 respectively. The smartphones are available in Just Black, Clearly White and Not Pink colour variants.